Notable updates include:
- Greater Transparency. The new policy will provide more detailed explanations of what personal information we collect from you, how we collect it, what we do with it, and who we share your data with, including how we share information with advertisers and third parties.
- More Control. We have new settings that will give you more choices about how you may share and control the information you give to us. The new policy will also outline specific procedures for asking us to stop or limit using the data we have about you.
Data Controller and Owner
World of Photography
Last Edited on 2018-05-22
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
In the course of your use of the Services, we obtain the following information about you as described below.
Signing Up to our Mailing List
When you Sign Up to our Mailing list to receive updates about the contest we organize, we collect:
- Your Name
- Your Last Name
- Your email address
Entering Our Contest
When entering our contest, we collect following information:
- Your Name,
- Your Last Name,
- Your email address,
- Your Country,
- Your Website Address (optional) and we collect and safely store your files submitted to the contests. We use third-party services to charge your submission and we don’t collect data related to your credit cards.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you subscribe to a newsletter or fill out a submission form to enter our contest.
How do we use your information?
To send periodic emails regarding the contest we organize and to notify you about the results of our contests.
How do we protect your information?
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
We use only cookies that exist on all the websites by default. We are not using any additional cookies to monitor your behavior on our website.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
We don’t use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
• Market to our mailing list (inform you about all the updates regarding the competitions we organize) or continue to send emails to our clients after you originally subscribed to our mailing list or entered one of our contests.
To be in accordance with CAN SPAM , we agree to the following:
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence or you can easily UNSUBSCRIBE from our mailing list by clicking UNSUBSCRIBE button.
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, a sale of all or a substantial portion of our assets, or other similar sale transaction, your information will be transferred as part of that transaction. We will notify you by email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any such transfer and any choices you may have regarding your information.
HOW LONG ARE WE KEEPING YOUR DATA?
You will be subscribed to our mailing list until you decide to unsubscribe on your own.
Submitted photographs from the contest we save for no longer than 2 years.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We don’t share any data collected from you with any other entity. Data we collect always stay within our company and we use them solely for the purpose of notifying you about the results of our contests or to inform you about currently open contests.
The exception is when media houses who report about our winners and finalist wan to get in touch with some of the photographers who took part in our contests. In that case, we do provide contact email address if we got prior approval of the photographer that we are allowed to provide their email address to the journalists.
We don’t share your personal information with other corporations so no one can contact you with offers, services or products or advertise to you via our mailing list and data we gather.